Monday, June 29, 2009

My Texturizer

I have been texturising my hair...

I use Soft & Beautiful® Botanicals™ Texturizer. The chemical that straightens the hair is LITHIUM HYDROXIDE. It's a less harsh chemical than the typical relaxers (calcium hydroxide, guanine, etc). I think the PH level is slightly less. My guess is between 12 and 13 while usually you can bet your regular relaxer is at least 13.



With this texturiser, I left it in for 10 - 12 minutes. We smooth the chemical in the new growth and now my curls are exactly as the box says. Loosely curled. I was thinking of using the texture softner that I mentioned before, but it has the same chemicals as a relaxer. You can't smooth it at all, or your hair WILL be straight. If you make a mistake, you won't get the look you want. With a texturiser, my mom makes a lot of mistakes. One side of my head is curlier than the other. But at least there are still curls. Hum...

I think next time I need to strategically wash out wherever my mom put the chemical FIRST first for better results. So anyway, I washed it out with water for a few minutes, then I put the nuetralising shampoo twice. A third time, I left it on for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, I used the conditioner and left it on for 5 to 10 minutes. My hair was incredibly soft. I ruined it by using Aphogee 2 minute re constructor, though. And lastly, them moisturiser that comes with the pack is just jherri curl juice!! Which works well when I use it as a deep conditioner, but not as a moisturiser!

For next time I will be sure to use Aphogee 2 step a week before I relax. I will be sure to deep condition every other day while my hair is no in weave or braids because last time that gave me great results. I'll be sure to only do moisture treatment after textursing. And we'll see how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...