Saturday, March 14, 2009

Coconut Oil Review


I have been using coconut oil for the past few weeks.

"ADVERTISED" AS
People were saying that coconut has so many nutrients for the hair, I just had to try it out!

WHAT'S IN IT?
I had all this research then forgot it. But I only buy extra virgin coconut oil. 100% coconut oil. Pure, raw, natural.

REVIEW
At first I thought it did nothing for my hair. I'm used to oils like Olive oil or something... you can smell it and you can feel it and you can tell that its in your hair. Coconut oil has no taste (it does have a smell, though) and it is an extremely light oil. I kept putting more and more on because I am just so used to having things be heavy. I am not sure what its done for my hair. I can tell you that its not good as a heat protectant... (however, Diva Smooth heat protectant uses coconut oil + jojoba oil... jojoba oil is one of the miracle oils so maybe I just need some of that)

Even though I wasn't impressed with how it worked in my hair, I continued to use it as a sealant just because it was light and it supposedly has a lot of good things in it.

However... when I used it on my BODY.

Ladies and gentleman, this stuff is the schiesse. Good lord! I swear, the first week I used this... my skin has never been so soft in my life after the age of 2. And it lasted all day long! I put some on right after my shower (I air-dried and patted dry just a little bit) and sealed it with my Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion since oils can dry up faster. A++.

On my face, its great. My face is moisturized. Even when I use the best moisturizer, my skin still feels thirsty. My skin is happy all day long with coconut oil on it. My skin is not left oily because it is absorbed very well. My skin looks brighter when I use this oil.

At first I thought I was not going to buy this ever again, but it was my roommate who got excited and said "Oh! You have some coconut oil! Let's put it on our skin!!" and made me a believer! I will definitely continue to use this "product".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...